At Delany’s we offer a quick and easy photo printing service. Passport photographs will be printed in store while you wait.
The DFA states that poor quality photos are the main reason for passport photo rejection. However, our trained staff will ensure that all requirements are met to avoid this problem. All passport photographs are suitable for EU and US applications.
We also offer photo printing for all other Irish ID’s. Call into us today, no appointment is needed.
Passport photograph guidelines according to the dfa:
- Centre your head in the photo.
- Look directly at the camera.
- No hair across your face or eyes as eyes must be clearly visible.
- The background must be plain and light coloured.
- Make sure your facial features are clearly visible.
- Don’t tilt your head up/down or left/right.
- Keep your facial expressions neutral (no raised eyebrows, frowns).
- Keep both eyes open and your mouth closed.
- Don’t smile.
Glasses, head covers and clothing:
- Do wear your glasses (if you normally wear them) but make sure there’s no reflection on the lenses and the frames don’t obscure your eyes.
- Do not wear sunglasses or glasses with tinted lenses, unless they’re prescription.
- Don’t wear a head covering unless it’s for religious reasons.
- Do not wear a hair band.
- Don’t wear a uniform, civil or military (e.g. showing epaulettes, insignia).